Man wanted in another attempted murder case

By Kris Reilly, Editor

LUCERNE VALLEY • A Lucerne Valley man is still on the loose after allegedly attempting to shoot three people during an argument last week, authorities said.

William Lester Boone, 22, is accused of firing three shots at two females and a male at a residence on Sage Street in Lucerne Valley on Dec. 12.

None of the victims were hit by the bullets, San Bernardino County Sheriff’s spokeswoman Pamela Hoffman said.

Hoffman said Boone came to the home uninvited along with another Lucerne Valley man, Curtis Eugene McCoy, 19. The men were asked to leave, and an argument ensued before the shots were fired.

One of the victims called 911 as Boone and McCoy fled the scene, Hoffman said.

Deputies found McCoy on Friday at a residence on Carnelian Road in Lucerne Valley and arrested him on suspicion of being an accessory to attempted murder and knowingly buying, selling or receiving stolen property.

Boone had not been apprehended as of Monday afternoon, Hoffman said. Boone is described as a white male adult standing 5-foot-10 and weighing 140 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes.

McCoy was being held at the Adelanto Detention Center on $1 million bail. Court records did not show an arraignment for McCoy as of Monday.

This marks the second attempted murder case in Lucerne Valley in less than a week. Arys Quesada Vidal was arrested after allegedly stabbing tow people at a Lucerne Valley residence on Dec. 8.